Oh Italia! The friendly people, the beautiful landscapes and the laid back life… and not to forget our favourite part, the incredible cuisine!
Noone could deny that the Italians are lacking in the flavour department and at Hart & Soul, we’re big fans of rich tomato ragu, heaving plates of fresh antipasti and wafer cones of creamy gelato. But today, we’ve decided to put a fresh new take on an Italian classic…Risotto.
Italians believe in simplicity and have a deep respect for good quality produce, so some of their most beloved dishes are made with just a few ingredients, carefully selected and served at their prime. That’s what we’ve tried to do with our Creamy Coconut Pumpkin Risotto- few ingredients, but full of flavour.
Gourmet in its style but rich in its taste, this Risotto is perfect as both a side dish or by itself (so you can enjoy a bigger bowl!). So comforting and satisfying at any time!
- 1 Pumpkin, sliced into four wedges (around 6cm thickness)
- 1kg Hart & Soul Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- 300g Arborio Rice
- 15ml White Wine
- 2 Shallots, finely diced
- 100g fresh Shiitake Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Pumpkin Seeds, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place on pumpkin slices.
- Drizzle with half of the vegetable oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15 mins.
- In a saucepan, heat the other half of the vegetable oil over a medium-high heat.
- Cook the shallots until lightly browned.
- Add the Arborio rice and stir until the onions and rice are combined.
- Add the white wine and cook until all liquid is absorbed.
- Add a ladleful of the Hart & Soul Coconut Pumpkin soup to the mix and stir until completely absorbed.
- Repeat this process for 20-30 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the risotto is creamy looking.
- Heat a separate saucepan to medium-low, and add the coconut oil.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms, fresh parsley and chopped garlic. Stir to combine.
- Divide the risotto into deep bowls, adding one slice of the roasted pumpkin to the bowl for serving.
- Top with pumpkin seeds to finish.
If you have been impressed by this dish, we suggest you take a look at our Warming Coconut Pumpkin Curry recipe. With a creamy base culminating in a crescendo of flavour, it won’t disappoint!