We love Waffles……crisp and enticing on the outside, and perfectly soft on the inside. The perfect way to start your day. Whether you prefer them sweet or salty, there are so many possibilities to this versatile delight!
For this recipe, the Hart & Soul soups come in super handy. All you need is one pouch of our Chicken & Corn soup, your beloved waffle maker and a few pantry staples.
What do you think of “Chicken and Corn Waffles”? Completely unusual, but utterly delicious! Savoury and addictive, these are perfect for those long summery brunches in the sunshine with friends. Definitely one of your new favourite recipes!
You can top your waffles with your favourite nut and seed mix, or just a generous serving of avocado like we did. Hey presto, breakfast ready in less than 15 minutes!
- 180g Hart & Soul Chicken and Corn Soup
- 80g Unsalted Butter, melted
- 10g Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs, separated
- 100g Corn Kernels (fresh or tinned)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Spring Onions, finely sliced, to serve
- In a saucepan, heat 80g of the Hart & Soul Chicken & Corn Soup.
- Add the melted butter and stir into the soup until combined. Leave for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, place the baking powder, and add the soup and the butter mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add the 2 egg yolks, saving the egg whites for later.
- Stir until the eggs are thoroughly combined with the soup mix.
- In a separate bowl, add the corn kernels and remaining soup. Stir together, before combining with the soup and egg white mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Beat the egg whites together until combined, and gently pour into the dough mixture. Stir well.
- Grease your waffle iron as per the manual instructions, before adding one spoonful of waffle batter per plate.
- Cook for 3-4 min, or until crispy on the outside.
- Slice an avocado in half, and shape in any way you like. Add the lemon juice to prevent the avocado from browning.
- Top your waffles with the avocado, sliced spring onions, and your favorite nut and seed mix (should you so wish).
If you like this recipe, feel free to check out our new recipe for Coconut Lentil and Zucchini Muffins, the perfect solution to busy mornings!
Feel free to send us your creations at email@example.com, we would love to see what you can do!