When it comes to pasta, the Hart & Soul team totally agree with the Italians “Life is a combination of magic and pasta” We know a lot of people out there don’t eat pasta as they think of carbs being the enemy. Pasta is actually the perfect foundation for a healthy, delicious and satisfying meal. As an ideal “delivery system” for other nutritious foods, pasta meals can easily become nutritional all-stars. Off course be sure to keep an eye on portion sizes (a one-cup serving of cooked pasta is roughly the size of your fist). Pasta is also an ideal partner for other nutritious foods that are essential to a healthy diet. It’s great to pair with fiber-filled vegetables and beans, heart healthy fish and oils, antioxidant-rich tomato sauce and protein-packed, poultry and lean meats. So many possibilities!
Elle from Cheeky Coconuts shared her delicious Baked Pasta recipe, featuring in our Vegetable Tagine Soup Pouch. A delightful infusion of Moroccan spices with sweet potato, chickpeas, tomato, capsicum & raisins making it a balanced meal. Sorry did we mention that this baby is Gluten Free and Dairy Free? Definitely a winner!
Ingredients (Serve 4)
- 400g cooked pasta spirals (use the Gluten Free ones)
- 1 pouch of Hart & Soul Vegetable Tagine
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 cup veggies of choice ( I like broccoli, corn and cabbage)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Cook your pastas as you normally do (we recommend you to cook them Al Dente for a better held at serving time)
- Over low heat combine the Hart & Soul Vegetable Tagine Soup, chickpea flour & nutritional yeast mixture thickens until it gets smooth
- Arrange Pasta and veggies in in a medium sided oven dish and store through soup mixture
- Place in oven for 20-25 minute or until crisp and golden brown on top