We love when the community gets creative with our soups. What about an Hart and Soul Coconut and Lentil Pie ?
We were really impressed when we discovered Live Love Nourish ‘s recipe. Brilliant? Yes, Creative? Oh Yes ! Everyone please stand up and applaud the lovely Casey-Lee (@LiveLoveNourish) who transformed our all natural Coconut & Lentil soup into a creamy pie with a simple and healthy crust that will warm and nourish you from the inside out! HOORAY !
But first, two things you didn’t know about Casey-Lee…
If you try a recipe and it does not turn out good, what will you do?
Turn it into pie! Pop the disaster into a deep baking dish, top with a pie crust and bake in the oven until golden. Works most of the time!
What are you best known for?
Being a foodie it has to be a recipe… either my gluten free apple crumble or my 4 ingredient banana bread.
- 1 pouch of Hart & Soul Coconut & Lentil soup
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot/tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 Large free range egg
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine almond meal and arrowroot flour
- Add whisked egg, olive oil and salt and mix well.
- Shape with hands into a ball of dough and roll out to approx. 1 to 2cm thick between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Pour the Hart & Soul Coconut & Lentil soup into a small pie dish and place the crust on top.
- Pierce several holes with a fork and bake in pre-heated medium oven for 30-35 mins or until lightly golden and crunchy.