This month, we have asked our friend Lisa Holmen (@lisaeatworld) to come up with a recipe for our hearty Spiced Lentil soup. Something quick and easy to make and using simple ingredients. Extra points for a vegetarian recipe. Lisa put together a delicious, rich & thick pasta sauce that hugs the pasta lovingly and hits the sweet spot on a cold night.
Lisa decided to add extra texture to the sauce and complement our Spiced Lentil pouch with an ingredient anyone can find at their regular store: button mushrooms. Both lentils and mushrooms have quite a “meaty” texture and sub in for meat in a ragu pretty seamlessly. Serve over your favourite pasta (parppadelles for us!) for a filling vegetarian meal that will leave you satisfied all night!
In terms of nutrition, lentils are a plentiful source of folic acid, and potassium that all support heart health. They also add essential vitamins, minerals, fibre and protein to the diet.
On the other side, mushrooms are one of the only foods with natural vitamin D — a vitamin that helps keep your bones and immune system strong. They are also rich in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds that can help fight off chronic disease and keep you healthy.
This Mushroom & Lentil Ragu is the perfect mid week dinner and without a doubt, one of the most satisfying meatless meal you have ever made.
- 2 x Hart & Soul Spiced Lentil Soup Pouch (400g)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 375g pappardelle
- A bunch of parsley
- 4 tbsp of parmesan cheese to serve
- Place pappardelle in a large saucepan of boiling salted water and cook until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and cook mushrooms until slightly browned.
- Add the lentil soup to the pan and cook until boiling then reduce the heat and simmer for one to two minutes.
- Divide pasta into bowls and top with lentil and mushroom ragu.
- Top with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
If you like this recipe, check out our Vegan Creamy Coconut Pumpkin Risotto, the ultimate comfort sih!
Feel free to send us your creations at firstname.lastname@example.org we would love to see what you can do!