Layered Savoury Scones. A new staple that everyone will love!
Ingredients (makes six scones)
- 115g butter, grated
- 1 ¾ cup SR flour
- ½ cup mature cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup Hart and Soul Coconut Lentil Soup
- ¼ cup milk
- 100g cream cheese (optional), sliced into thin slices
- Preheat oven to 180C fan-forced
- Place butter, flour, cheese, and paprika into a food processor and pulse until in crumbs.
- Add soup and milk and pulse again until the mixture begins to clump and hold.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead together a couple of times until it just holds then pat out into a rectangle about 2 cm high.
- Cut the dough into 4 pieces and add equal amounts of cream cheese to three of the pieces, stacking them on top of each other. The top layer won’t have cream cheese on top. Then roll out a little with a rolling pin to flatten then cut into 6 equal pieces.
- Place them on a lined baking tray and bake for 18-20 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
- Enjoy warm from the oven.